Subject: Re: Motion Blur
From: Daniel Dugour <[email-masked]>
To: The LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:09:26 +0200 (MET DST)

At 01:10 28-04-96 -0400, Andy Hofman wrote:
>>> He concluded that the
>>>main difference between go-motion and traditional stop-motion was not blur
>>>at all, but the tiny inconsistencies per frame that are unavoidable when
>>>animation is done by hand.
>>
>>	Which is interesting (I read that too) but no help to us.  >8^(
>
>But it can be something to keep in mind when animating frame-by-frame or in
>small time increments, even on computers. It's caused me problems before.

It can be a great help to us, because it tells us what I had to find out by
trial and error, which is that the more keyframes you make, the lousier the
animation looks. What I always do when optimising an animation is removing
as much keyframes as possible, without changing the actual animation. Makes
everything a lot smoother!

Wave bye,

Daniel Dugour, AniTime 3D Computer Animation
Bilderdijkstraat 181-3a
NL-1053 KR AMSTERDAM
The Netherlands
Phone/Fax: +31-20-6836059
eMail: [email-masked]

--- From the LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]> --------
--- This message posted by:  Daniel Dugour <[email-masked]>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- For information, send e-mail to:  [email-masked] --------
--- Message should include the phrase INFO LIGHTWAVE on a line by itself ---